NEWPORT BOROUGH JOB OPENING
Newport Borough has an opening for a part-time Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. Must possess an Operator License Class B with Subclasses 1,2,3,4,. Position requires on hand experience with a Wastewater Treatment Plant with all aspects of plant operations. Applications can be picked up at the Newport Borough Municipal Building, 231 Market Street, Newport Pa, Monday through Friday 8:00 to 4:30 P.M.
NEWPORT CELEBRATES 175TH
Newport Celebrates 175th Committee has historical prints, comemorative crocks and Newport Celebrates license plates for sale at the Carpetbaggers located in the square of Newport. The sale of these items benefits the celebration of the 175th Anniversay of Newport which will be held July 19th to July 25th, 2015.
Newport 1885 — The Mural
(By Biruta Hansen of Liverpool PA - Dedicated August 30, 2012)
NEW eCode System Launched
Newport Boro's enhanced code listing is now available via our eCode service. Click the provided link to access information from Alcohol Policies to Zoning Ordinances.
Recycling will take place the 3rd Saturday of each month at the Newport Borough Municipal Garage on Shrub Street near the playground from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. Please note that materials will need to be sorted according to the instructions below:
- Aluminum Cans: Rinsed and crushed. Foil is also accepted
- Bi-Metal (tin) Cans: Rinsed and crushed
- Glass: All Colors. Container glass only - $2.00 charge
- Office Grade Paper: Sheets or shredded
- Magazines: Bundled, boxed or in a paper bag
- All Types of Books
- All #1 through #7 Plastic Containers & Bottles: Rinsed with caps or lids removed
- Cardboard: Flattened cardboard, cereal and shipping boxes. No packing Material
- Newspaper: Tied or in a paper bag
- Electronics: Anything with a cord
Please do not have Trash in your recyclables! If you have any questions please contact Newport Coordinators Clair Horting at (717) 567-3345 or Carole Prescott at (717) 512-3220.
Newport Canal Day
Newport Revitalization & Preservation Society is sponsoring its' Annual Canal Day on Saturday, October 4, 2012 from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Event will be held in the Newport Square with lots of fun for everyone, come out and enjoy the day!
Click this link for more information from their site: